union-coops:uk is a campaigning organisation of co-operators and trade union activists working to create fully unionised worker co-operatives, that have unions at the core of their democracy.
Set in 26 acres of parkland, Wortley Hall was built by Sir Richard Wortley in 1586, but is now owned and run by a workers co-op. The event will look at:-
- How can we ‘build back better’ after Covid-19?
- What can union activists do to fight for decent work and democracy?
- How can workers get control over our daily working lives?
- What can we do to promote democracy in the workplace?
- Do we have to accept the gig economy and precarity?
- Is the union co-op a model whose time has come?
The conference will combine guest speakers from trades unions and worker co-ops with interactive, hands on workshops where you will have an opportunity to discuss the ideas in the Union Co-op Manifesto.